What is better to choose a semi-detached or semi-detached house?
March 7th, 2022 |
Who does not want to live in a house with a garden? Green and open spaces, tranquility, contact with the natural environment, having outdoor spaces with privacy. Buying a semi-detached or semi-detached house is a dream that we have always had and the time has come to start thinking about fulfilling it.
At the time of buying a house there are several decisions that we must make to find the home that best suits our needs. One of the decisions that we will have to study carefully is if we want to live in a semi-detached or semi-detached house.
We are going to see the characteristics of a semi-detached or semi-detached house in order to decide where we prefer to live. Each model has its pros and cons, and depending on our tastes and needs, we will have to choose the one that best suits our lives.
What is a semi-detached house?
These types of houses are perhaps the most commonly seen throughout the Spanish geography, both inland and on the coast, in towns and cities, a semi-detached or semi-detached houses are the most common type of houses that we can find.
The main characteristic that defines them is that each of the houses has the side wall attached to the next house. All the houses follow one another without leaving space between eachother, so we find houses joined in a long row forming a large extension of houses.
Compared to condominiums, town homes typically have larger usable floor areas, larger spaces, and often have a smaller or larger space in front and/or behind to enjoy outdoor spaces in your own home.
What is a semi-detached house?
The semi-detached houses share a part of the typology with the semi-detached houses. In the case of semi-detached houses, they also have a wall attached to the neighboring house, but there are only two houses, the row does not continue, so we have a house with free facades.
Therefore, on one of the sides it does not face another house, this is usually used to have more open spaces around the house. Semi-detached houses often offer greater privacy, since we have fewer neighbors, and therefore we enjoy greater independence than with semi-detached houses. Semi-detached houses usually make good use of the surrounding space and satisfy their tenants with larger gardens or patios.
Advantages of choosing a semi-detached or semi-detached house
Each type of housing has its pros and cons. We are going to see a series of advantages of each of them, compared to the other, so that you can have as much data as possible about what it is like to live in a semi-detached or semi-detached house.
- A semi-detached house offers greater independence and privacy compared to a semi-detached house, having only one direct neighbor makes us feel more intimate.
- Terraced houses offer a greater sense of security than semi-detached houses, which is even greater than independent houses. Being more accompanied, and with more common areas, security is greater, there are frequently more people in the neighborhood, noise is heard more, and in general they offer more complete security.
- Semi-detached houses usually have more outdoor spaces to enjoy. The fact of not having a house attached to one of the sides, makes many construction companies take advantage of it and decide to create independent areas that provide semi-detached houses with more spaces to enjoy around them.
- As they offer more outdoor spaces, semi-detached houses are ideal for dividing spaces and being able to have more differentiated areas in our home, which we can take advantage of to create independent areas where we can enjoy unique and incomparable corners.
- As for the price, it depends a lot on the area, the projects and many other factors, but in general, semi-detached houses are often somewhat more expensive than semi-detached houses. Although as we have mentioned, there are many factors that define the prices of homes, the fact of having more spaces around it and with greater independence means that the price can be inflated with respect to semi-detached houses.
As you can see, the differences between both housing formats are subtle, and there are many advantages of living in a semi-detached or semi-detached house, but since each of us has different needs and tastes, it is good to know them in order to be able to choose the one that best suits you.
If you want to live in a villa or chalet do not miss the opportunity to satisfy your desires and either in a semi-detached or semi-detached house, look for your ideal home, and find the perfect place for your home.
Article by Vanesa Mena, Mar 07, 2022