Januar 26th, 2022 |
There is an exclusive and majestic place where you will want to spend your holidays, and Homewatch in Sotogrande has it reserved for you. Speaking of excellence, luxury, comfort, beaches with blue flag, golf courses and polo international level is falling short at the impressive array of attractions, entertainment and luxury homes you can enjoy this wonderful residential complex.
A haven born for golf
Sotogrande was born and founded in San Roque (Cádiz Province – Andalusia), practically as a refuge for its founder Joseph McMikking, of Filipino origin and British descent by his father and Spanish by his mother. McMikking started it all by building a golf course, the design of which was commissioned by the famous English-American architect Robert Trent Jones.
Today’s luxury residential complex arose, precisely, from the initial set of homes built for the users of said golf course. There all the magic began and the wonders known today arose. If you are looking for a home in Sotogrande and you decide on one, you will live unbeatable experiences.
Currently, this town is an important luxury tourist destination, refuge and home for the elites. In addition, it is a dream place full of natural wonders, located between Malaga and Cádiz and only 24 km from Gibraltar and 15 km from its airport.
Keep in mind that there are many possibilities to get luxurious homes for sale and rent in Sotogrande. And there are also many sports activities to do, the beautiful beaches and beautiful coastal landscapes to discover. In addition to the incredible views of Gibraltar, Morocco and the epic and idyllic Mediterranean with which you can delight yourself.
If you want to combine luxury and sports in Sotogrande, you will find many options. Since it is an area full of glamor and splendor, attended annually by thousands of tourists, athletes and personalities seeking quality and excellence.
Golf in Sotogrande
The practice of golf in this area has acquired an important boom, crowned in 1997 with the celebration of the 32nd edition of the Ryder Cup; a competition that faces golf teams from the United States and Europe. Other important tournaments that have earned Sotogrande the title of “golf mecca” are the Andalucía Valderrama Masters and the Volvo Masters.
Added to all this are the nine golf courses of which the historic Real Club Valderrama is the main one in the area, the best in Europe and the one that hosted the aforementioned Ryder Cup. The Club de Golf La Reserva, the San Roque Club, the La Cañada Golf Club and the Real Club de Golf de Sotogrande.
Luxury and sport in Sotogrande: Polo fields
The practice of polo began in 1965 with the mythical La Playa field, until reaching great renown with its exclusive Santa María Polo Club; one of the top four polo clubs worldwide. In these there are also polo schools where you train throughout the year.
This club has majestic facilities for the hotel industry and an infinity of prestigious sporting, corporate and private events, the main one being the Mansion de Polo International Tournament that is held every summer. Other events and attractions are:
- Shopping Village: Dedicated to the world of fashion. It is held every year within the framework of the aforementioned MANSION Tournament.
- White Summer: Open-air festival next to the fields, which displays a variety of food trucks, concerts and bars.
- Equestrian fields: Where the equestrian camps that provide equestrian training to infants and young people between 11 and 18 years old operate.
La Marina, vibrant and exclusive
La Marina is a modern marina and also the most important in the entire Mediterranean in terms of quality, facilities and services. It has 1.380 berths for boats of different categories and lengths. Also an approximate of 1.400 luxury homes, restaurants, art galleries and multiple stores.
Other attractions of the Marina are the following:
- Hotel Club Marítimo Sotogrande. It offers 41 luxurious and elegant double rooms, suites and penthouses, with a famous breakfast service and its phenomenal Midas Restaurant, specialized in Spanish and Mediterranean cuisine.
- Real Club Marítimo de Sotogrande. An important maritime club that has hosted the Spanish Cup at cruise level 10 times.
- The Vaporetto. A small boat that offers rides from the picturesque cafeteria el Keto Playa de los Catamaranes.
Among the main shopping centers in Sotogrande you can mainly enjoy:
Sotomarket. With various fashion stores, cafes, restaurants, offices, financial institutions and a conference room.
Mar y Sol Shopping Center. With its excellent gym, offices, cafes, restaurants, decoration shops and a sensational chill-out bar.
Supercor. It is the most modern in the area, with its spectacular Supercor supermarket, as well as offices, shops, cafes and an underground car park.
Sotogrande International School
The prestigious Sotogrande International School is an educational center of world excellence, governed by The Kindred Project, an NGO with a global presence. This is an organization dedicated to the formation of global citizens with a moral sense and aware of the world that surrounds them.
In this sunny and elegant area of the Mediterranean coast you can enjoy four beaches awarded with the Blue Flag, which are Alcaidesa Marina, Alcaidesa-Faro (Torrecarbonera), Cala Sardina and the exclusive Puerto de Sotogrande.
Likewise, you will find Playa de los Catamaranes and other well-known ones on the San Roque coast and also those in Malaga (Costa del Sol). You can also enjoy countless walks through spectacular landscapes and natural places.
Likewise, you have at your disposal hospitality services, shopping centers, restaurants and luxurious beach clubs. Among the latter, the following stand out:
- The Octagon. It is a restaurant with a majestic terrace facing the sea, which can hold about 120 people and offers exquisite Mediterranean and international food. All to the best lifestyle in Sotogrande.
- The Trocadero Sotogrande. It offers two fantastic swimming pools, stimulating cocktails, hammocks and entertainment for children. You will also find two great restaurants; one of Mediterranean food and another that mixes the best of Thai and Japanese cuisine.
In short, enjoying the good things in life is something for which you can count on Homewatch in Sotogrande. We advise you on the purchase or rental of long and short season in this fantastic beach and sports destination so that you can live a great experience of luxury and comfort with your whole family.
Artikel von Vanesa Mena, Jan 26, 2022